“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Monday, June 6, 2011

The First Monday in June

June is here already!! Time is just ticking away, and 6 weeks from today, I'll be a mommy to a little girl. I'm getting more anxious by the day to meet her!

I just got home today from a week long trip to Alabama. It was somewhat of a spontaneous trip, but I was so glad to be able to get away. My parents were planning a trip south and offered to let the boys and me ride along. I cleared it with Avery's doctors and took off! Rebecca is 35 weeks pregnant and I'm 33, so it was fun to sit around and talk about babies and the woes of pregnancy. Of course, between our swelling feet, large tummies, and intense Alabama heat, we chose to stay home and just stay cool most days. But we sure had fun. Next time we see each other we'll both have little girls.

Here's how we look right now.


Some noteworthy news that is now a little over a week old is that my little Bryson lost his first tooth...well in the conventional manner that is. He did knock one of his four teeth out when he was 9 months old. I knew then that I had my hands full with this one. But he came in the kitchen a little over a week ago and asked me what was wrong with his tooth. I stuck my finger in his mouth and was shocked to see that it was wiggling back and forth. I told him to leave it alone, that it would fall out when it was ready. Of course, he couldn't leave it alone, so within an hour it was even more loose and bleeding. With some convincing, I got him to sit still, and with a little tug, it came right out. He cried for quite a while, not sure exactly why his tooth came out. I got a little misty eyed myself. Losing a tooth just seems like a rite of passage, marking one more step of moving from toddlerhood and a little closer to adulthood. I'm pretty sure that four is a little young to be losing teeth, but I figure the root was probably damaged from the loss of the tooth next too it. Who knows, but he did get some money from the tooth fairy!



Tomorrow it's back to the old routine with two appointments for Avery. I guess I better get off here because I've got some unpacking and laundry to do!

Take care, my friends!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment