“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Friday, July 16, 2010

More About Our Summer

These hot, summer days just keep clicking by. Even though I LOVE summer, for some reason, I keep finding myself secretly longing for the quieter days of fall/winter, when it seems not much is going on and the cold weather is a good excuse to just stay home. I know that sounds crazy; it probably just has a lot to do with our unusually busy, chaotic summer so far.

This week has been a pretty good week. The highlight of my week was came on Wednesday, when my sweet husband handed me a note. The note said that he had made reservations for us at the Crowne Plaza for the night, so to pack an overnight bag - we were going away for a much needed break. He knew better than to ask me because I would always have a reason why it wasn't a good idea. So, since my parents and sister were in town and were able to watch our kids for the night, Phillip and I spent the night alone, which is incredibly rare. Even though I missed my kids, it was really great!

Another positive happening has been that Bryson has had two days this week where he was almost perfect. If you know Bryson, then you know that is quite an event! He was calm, listened, and obeyed the first time. He really is a sweet little boy, but sometimes his over-active imagination and difficulty following directions gets him in trouble. I hope that these two days were a sign of some maturity and focus finally developing in him, but that might be unrealistic since he is only 3.

Avery is in day 3 of having a fever. The pediatrician initially diagnosed him with coxackie (spelling?) virus, which is hand-foot-mouth, but then his strep screen came back positive, so he's on antibiotics and I'm attempting to keep his fever down. It seems like every little germ that comes by infects Avery. Poor guy.

Phillip has been working so hard on our new house. We're probably about a week to 10days away from being able to stay there. Of course, it probably won't be completely finished until we're ready to move again, but we'll work on it a little at a time. I'm very excited about getting back into our own space.

My parents left today to head back to AL. after being here for a week. I always feel a little lonely after they go. But we had a lot of fun even though much of our time was spent helping my grandparents get moved into their new house.

One last thing I must include in this post is our experience at Menard's tonight. We were there buying more stuff for our house; Phillip had Avery, and I had Bryson. Bryson has a bad habit of walking away, and he's not very good at following voices. So, I turned my head for a second, and of course, Bryson walked away. I assumed he had gone to the next aisle, so I went there...no Bryson. I walked around in the general area, looking down the aisles and calling his name...still no Bryson. After about 5 minutes of scouring the store, I was starting to get really worried, so I went to the service desk and explained that my son had wondered off. She wanted a description, which I provided. Then she used her headset to page the employees on the floor. Immediately, someone said, "We found him in flooring." With great relief I walked toward flooring and saw my little red-head running toward me. "Mommy, I thought I would never see you again," was the first thing out of his mouth. I picked him up and asked him what he had done. He said, "I couldn't find you, so I found a grown-up with Menard's on her shirt." I told him that was really smart. Unfortunately, he had told the worker that he didn't know his mommy's name. He told me, "Your name is Bethany, but I just call you Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment