“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just Me...

My husband is gone squirrel hunting with a friend. I told him I didn't care if he went as long as he didn't bring anything home! Nope, this girl isn't about to make squirrel gravy or whatever it is people make with squirrels! It's been a long time since Phillip has had the chance to go hunting, so I'm glad he got to go this morning. But, I've been kind of feeling sorry for myself lately. I feel like Phillip and I have been running in two different directions for a really long time. I'd love to just slow down and have a little more "normal" time with my husband and kids. My "down-in-the-dumps" attitude hasn't been what I like to have or what is pleasing to God, I'm sure. So, here are a few things that I have to be thankful for and reasons I have to be HAPPY!
1. Despite limited time together, I do have a great husband! He loves me regardless of my many imperfections and tries his best to be supportive of his family.
2. I have two precious little boys. Bryson's imagination and active nature may test my patience sometimes, but he makes me laugh more than anyone in the world. And Avery is my little cuddle buddy. He's always got a smile, and God has taught me so much since Avery came into our world!
3. My parents are AWESOME and now live only 3 hours away. Woo hoo!
4. I'm blessed with two church families! And I am thrilled with what God is doing with our church at Spring Valley!
5. I have a cute little house that my handy husband is remodeling for me.
6. We rarely have extra, but we always have enough.

I already feel better. Here's a couple of photos of my little blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment