“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Friday, October 15, 2010

Quiet Time

Somehow this evening I ended up with the house all to myself! I had to attend a wedding rehearsal that I'm playing the piano for, so Phillip had the boys. He ended up taking them to do some errands with him, and rehearsal ended sooner than I anticipated. So, I've been spending the last couple of hours in a quiet house.

I wasn't sure what to even do at first. I took a long, peaceful bath, did a couple loads of laundry, and surfed the web for awhile. Sounds real exciting, right? It has been kind of nice, but it's almost bedtime, and I'm ready for my munchkins, and of course my husband, to get home!

We've just been enjoying this beautiful fall weather we're having this week. I know that soon it will be too cold to get out, so I've been trying to spend as much time outdoors and I can. Wednesday was Bryson's much anticipated Pumpkin Patch field trip. Phillip went along, and they came home with stories of the hayride, apple cider, and even the news that one little boy got bitten by a donkey! Avery has been just truckin' right along, even with this runny nose and not so great blood counts. It makes me so happy to see him handling this cold so well!



We've also been trying to spend plenty of time with Phillip's dad. Something about losing a loved one just makes you want to take a little more time for the rest of your family. Actually, this evening Phillip, his dad, and the boys have been hanging out together, so I can only imagine that he might appreciate his quiet house tonight. I'm so thankful that we have the Lord to rely on and so many friends who lift us up in prayer! There's no way we'll ever fill this void in our lives, but God is faithful!

Well, I just heard a little knock at the door, so I think my quiet time is about to end! And I'm glad! I'm gonna get off here and enjoy a few minutes with my boys before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment