“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Enough Mercy for Me

Lamentations 3:22-23 (King James Version)

22It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.


Aren't you glad for God's mercy and compassion? I'll be honest, most days I feel like I must exhaust my allotted supply of mercy for the day with all of my failures, faults, worries, questions, and prayers. I'm a pretty high maintenance child of God. But I've been reminded lately and have found it encouraging to remember that God's mercies are brand new every morning. So when I roll out of the bed (and these days, I am rolling!) and my feet touch the floor, regardless of how much of God's mercy and compassion I consumed the day before, there's a fresh supply waiting for whatever the day brings.

This week has been another particularly stressful week, and I'll spare you the details because I don't want to complain. But I have to admit, I've been relying heavily on the grace of God to keep me sane. A wise friend of mine has reminded me that the best way to cope is to take it one day at a time. And if I take it one day at a time and rely completely on the mercy of God, then I should be able to make it!

One of the songs I have on my blog play list is "Forever God is faithful; Forever God is strong; Forever God is with us; Forever, and ever..."

What a comforting thought! God's mercies are new every morning and His grace is sufficient. Thank you, Jesus.

May God bless!
Bethany

2 comments:

  1. " 'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far
    and grace will lead me home."

    Isn't his Grace just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family has been in my thoughts and prayers a lot this week. Praying that God will give you strength.

    ReplyDelete