“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Turning 5

This week my little man turned five years old. What a milestone! My baby isn't so little anymore! He started off just at 2 lbs 8 oz, 14 inches long. I remember Phillip saying, "I've had sandwiches bigger than him!" But inside of that tiny bundle was the heart of a fighter!

I think our children always teach us lessons about life and love, and sometimes things like, "never judge someone else's kid 'cause someday, mine might do the same thing!" :-). But Avery has taught me a few things I never thought I needed to know...some hard lessons about trust, disappointments, giving up control, to name just a few. But mostly he's taught me about love and strength. I could say much more, but I'll leave it at that for now. Avery has stolen my heart, and I'm hoping that this year is his best yet!

Here's a few pictures of his earlier days.













No comments:

Post a Comment