“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Friday, August 20, 2010

BUSY!!

I...must...keep...going...This has been the voice inside my head for the last two weeks because without some serious self-talk, I wouldn't have survived. This week has been Dryden Road's annual campmeeting, and we have attended most services, a.m. & p.m. Add that to the fact that we were in a week long revival last week, along with normal everyday therapy/appts, working in visits to my sick mother-in-law, and living in an un-finished house and you can begin to understand my lack of energy. Tonight is the last night of campmeeting, and although I would LOVE to go, I am officially crashing tonight. My house is beginning to look like a tornado struck and I feel like it would be borderline abusive to wrangle my kids into church clothes and take them to another church service. Don't get me wrong; revival and campmeeting have been AWESOME, but I am pretty much done.

So, with that being said, I'm in the beginning stages of cleaning up and plan on spending my evening doing laundry and catching up on some much needed house work. Also, I'm going to let my kids play unrestricted and hopefully, get them in bed before midnight for a change.

Above all, God is good. I'm excited about the things I have seen him doing in my church and at Dryden Road, which is basically our second home church. I've felt challenged and convicted to move up, and I hope that I can meet the challenge.

Today we met Avery's toddler group teacher, assistant, and nurse, and he will be beginning next Tuesday. It will be a bittersweet moment, but I'm definitely hoping that toddler group inspires Avery to learn some new skills.

Bryson is unusually grouchy, but I have to blame our wacky schedule for that. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

So, I must end this scattered post to get on with my night of playing hookey. I have much to do.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment