“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Thursday, September 30, 2010

And Life Goes On

The last week has pretty much been a blur. Carolyn passed away Friday night, and we had her viewing Monday and funeral Tuesday. It has all been so surreal. I think Phillip and I have been operating in auto-pilot mode, just going through the motions and trying to do what needs to be done. I was watching some home videos last night from when Bryson was a baby, and once again it hit me how big of a void we're going to have in our lives without her smile, laugh, and how she showed her love to her family in big and small ways. I know Carolyn is in a much better place, but it's going to take time and prayer to try to adjust to life on earth without her. Strangely, Phillip and I left her funeral feeling encouraged. Bro. Bennie did such an amazing job of preaching that I could almost see her walking on streets of gold. I know that the days ahead are going to be more lonesome without her, but I'm so thankful that we have the promise that we will see her again someday.

Here are a couple of pics from Hospice when she was feeling pretty good.




I've told Phillip before that it seems strange when we're experiencing such pain to see that life is still going on. I've walked out of the hospital after a tough day with Avery and to see the sun shining and people driving by as if nothing is happening when my own heart is so heavy somehow seems wrong. That's kind of how it seems now. But, I've been trying to get back into the routines and make things as normal for the kids as possible. Both boys went back to preschool Wednesday, and Phillip and I started tackling some of those tasks that have been ignored for awhile. We're having some beautiful fall weather, and I'm trying to enjoy it and let Bryson play out all he wants.

Some really great news that I haven't shared yet is that my parents have moved MUCH closer. They are now pastors of Tunnel Hill church in Indiana, which is only a 3 hour drive; in comparison to the 13 hour trip to Citronelle, Alabama, it seems like we're practically neighbors! Mom and Dad were able to come over and help out with the kids during Carolyn's last days, and we're planning a trip over there in a week and a half. They have been in AL since I was 18; I'm excited about having them so much closer.

Although it seems strange we're getting back to "normal," God's grace is sufficient and His strength is perfect. When we are weak, He is strong. My prayer is that God will grant us strength and bring something good out of this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment