“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Me Again

De ja vu...here we are back at Children's Hospital. Avery's fever got the best of him, and we brought him in w/ a 104.7 temp and dehydrated. He had so many seizures yesterday that I quit counting. This was his worst fever yet; since even Tylenol and Motrin weren't kicking it, he ended up having to lay in a cold room on a cooling pad with cold compresses on him. Made me shiver just looking at him!

Sometimes I feel guilty asking for prayer over and over again, but when it comes right down to it, that's about all I know to do. I've spent quite a lot of time myself praying for my little boy, but sometimes, the fear and worry of it all gets to me. My prayers become more of a weeping session, and I need my friends and family to step in for me. So, THANKS so much to you all who pray for our family!

Today Avery seems better. Fever controllable, no seizures, and he even ate a little bit. Unfortunately, his platelets are their lowest yet. I'm hoping that he recovers quickly and it's a long time before we have to spend another night here. But, as I've been studying lately in the Bible, often times we pray for relief when our real strength will come when we surrender and accept our suffering. That's a tough pill to swallow, and I'm going to keep on praying for a miracle! But, I'm also trying to remember that God has brought us to this point in our lives for a reason, and I want to be able to trust God and grow inspite of it. Meanwhile, I'm saying, "It's me again, Lord."

I'm hoping that he continues to improve, and we can get out of here. I'm trying not to think about the damage this sickness is going to do to what little progress we've made with eating. His eating has gotten so poor and he's lost enough weight that he officially fits the "Failure to thrive" label. We're trying to avoid any kind of feeding tube and praying that God will have his way and give us strength and wisdom in this aspect as well. So, if you get an extra minute, please continue to lift Avery up in prayer. He's our special little boy, and I would love to see God touch him.

3 comments:

  1. Bethany...I will be praying for little Avery!! You have encouraged me through your blog. I pray that God will give you the strength that you need and the healing for Avery!!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what is so wonderful through all of this, that God loves hearing us say "It's me again". He is the only one who can help us through our hardships and he wants to be the one that we turn to. I will pray for you and for dear Avery. I know that the Lord will give you the strength to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, little Avery has been on my heart so much lately, and I have been praying for him continuously throughout my days. I have even asked those who don't know him, to lift him up in prayer. There is power in prayer, and I know God can do great things and touch little Avery. You and your family mean A LOT to our church and God knows that little boys has been through more than enough. Just thinking and praying for strength and healing!

    ReplyDelete