“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Silver Lining

Sometimes my blog is depressing. Unfortunately, life has dealt us some tough situations lately, but I want to take this opportunity to thank God for His faithfulness. Today, Phillip and I spent almost entirely at Hospice with Carolyn and other family members. She's had some rough days lately, but today was oddly good - actually more like great. When we got there around 10 this morning, she was sitting in a recliner smiling, talking about eating a donut. As the day progressed Carolyn maintained her stamina and her smile. We had some fun, normal conversations, and even went for a walk (well, she rode in a wheelchair) outdoors and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Sometimes it's easy to look at all the gloom and doom around me and forget about God's blessings. I know there are more tough days ahead, unless God performs a miracle. But, I want to say THANK YOU, Lord, for giving us a wonderful day that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. I would love to have a lifetime of these kinds of days, but none of us has a promise of tomorrow.

Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment