“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Thanks

This is the time of year that we officially set aside to give thanks for our blessings. I try to be thankful everyday, but on Thanksgiving Day, we make more of an effort to be with some of the people that we're so blessed to have in our lives and offer thanks together. If anything, this year I have learned that life is so fragile, that a good day can become a bad one so quickly, and that we must cherish the time we have with our loved ones. I, like many others, have an abundance of things to be thankful for!

First, I'm thankful for my little family: Phillip, Bryson, and Avery. We're an interesting group, that's for sure. We all have our flaws and imperfections, but we love each other more than life! I'm beyond blessed to be able to stay home with my boys.

Secondly, I'm thankful for my extended family and in-laws. What an amazing support system I have! And I have two sisters that are my best friends in the world. I don't want to take any of them for granted; I only wish we were able to spend more time together. Right now we're all healthy, and that is a HUGE blessing!

Next, I'm thankful for my husband's job! Security is a high priority for me. Phillip's job loss over the summer hit me hard, more emotionally than financially because I am such a worry-wart. Of course, God took care of us. But I'm so thankful that he is employed and has good insurance, which is so important with a kid like Avery.

I'm also thankful for our home, which my husband has so beautifully remodeled. And our automobiles...even the minivan :).

I guess those are all of the "big" things, but I'm thankful for all the "smaller" less typical things as well. I have a great part-time job that allows me to teach a couple nights a week when I want; Avery has made some progress developmentally - not much - but some; Bryson is thriving in preschool and becoming such a sweet little boy; our church has had a lot of great services lately; although I don't get to spend much time with them, I have many great friends. Most of all, I'm thankful for salvation and God's mercy!

I could write the world's longest blog ever by continuing to list my blessings, but I guess I'll stop. May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
~Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment