“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Counting My Blessings

There are a lot of negative things I could write about tonight - like the fact that I hit a big green trash can that happened to be laying in the middle of the highway last night and did who knows how much in damage to my van (okay, so I wrote about just ONE negative thing), but tonight I'm choosing to focus on the positive things going on in my life. I don't want to be a complainer!

First of all, Avery has been coughing less and less, and his appetite has been improving. He's getting so close to reaching a couple of his PT goals. I'm hoping it will happen soon! Even though he's not 100%, he's smiling again!

Also, our realtor told us yesterday that the judgement that had been placed on the house we were trying to buy has been removed. So, we should get a closing date Monday or Tuesday. They are going to let us start moving some things in as soon as we get our date set. Thank God! I've been lying in bed at night worrying about all of the thing we have to do, and I was hoping that renting a storage unit was not going to be necessary. In fact, Thursday night, I was awake until 4:00 a.m. I absolutely could not sleep. I had this panicky, sick feeling in my stomach and was feeling completely overwhelmed. About 3:15, I slipped out of bed to the living room and got on my knees. I prayed for about 30 minutes just pouring out my heart to the Lord. After about 30 minutes, I felt peace settle in. I just sat still for a few minutes and enjoyed the peace of God, then I went to bed and fell asleep. I'm very thankful that I have God to turn to!

Bryson has been especially sweet lately. He had his last day of preschool Wed., and Avery and I went and watched him sing songs and get a certificate. I was so proud that he just sat where he was supposed to and participated so well. Avery and I clapped for him, and I could just see the happiness gleaming in his eyes that we were there with him! Bryson has been coming out of his shell some. He's always been active but also somewhat unfriendly to people when he's put on the spot. Now, he's starting to talk to everyone (the cashier, the people walking on the sidewalk by our house, the neighbor). I guess he gets this from his dad! A couple of days ago, we were waiting in line at Meijer, and a lady got in line behind us. Bryson said, "Hi!" and waved. She said hi and asked his name. He told her his name and asked hers. She replied that she was Lisa. He said, "Nice to meet you. You're purty!" She started giggling, and I was a little embarassed, but also so happy that he was using his manners. He kept talking her leg off until it was finally our turn.

Have I mentioned lately that I have a fantastic, hard-working, thoughtful husband? If not, that's definitely a positive thing to mention. He knows my stress level has been creeping up this week. He tells me, "Don't worry." I'm like, "That really doesn't help!" But the back rubs at bed time do! Today he worked so hard to get several things done that he knew I was stressing about, and he puts up with my ridiculous, obsessive list-making when I know it's not his style and drives him crazy.

I mentioned to Phillip the other day about how trusting kids are. They don't notice stress or financial struggles. They don't worry about the future because they know that their mom and dad will do whatever it takes to feed, clothe, and care for their needs. I'm so far from having this child-like faith, but I desire to have it. I want to just have peace knowing that regardless of how bad a circumstance is, God is going to take care of His child. On this positive note, I'm going to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment