“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Just One of Those Days...

Today was one of those days where I didn't even get dressed until 3:30 p.m. These days seem to be happening more frequently. Don't judge me; at least I actually did get dressed for a few hours today! :)

Bryson and I made three pans of fudge. I folded three loads of laundry. I felt so proud of myself for accomplishing these tasks that I ordered Papa John's pizza for dinner! Again, don't judge. At least I got one with lots of veggies on it.

The pregnancy nausea and total lack of energy has set in, along with a ridiculously round belly for only 9 weeks. I guess on number three, my body is just saying, "Oh yeah. Here we go again. I'll just go ahead and pop out there like I know I'm gonna have to do eventually."

Christmas is only a few days away, and I'm hosting the Hoskins' family Christmas Eve get-together, so I'm trying to pace myself and slowly get the things done that I need to do (thus the 3 pans of fudge I made today). In my typical OCD way, I even made a list Saturday outlining each day with things I need to do. Phillip laughs at me, but I'm a goal-setter and a list-maker. Even more so now, I need a list to keep me moving. Yesterday, grocery shopping was on my list. So, I dutifully made my way to Kroger. I was actually feeling pretty good prior to going, but the longer I shopped, the worse I started to feel. My stomach suddenly felt empty, and when my belly gets empty, the nausea gets SO much worse. So what does the crazy pregnant lady do? I go to the deli and order an 8 pc. fried chicken dinner (because I wanted hot food), checked out as quickly as possible, and then as soon as I got Avery and my groceries loaded in the van, I dug into my chicken. I ate the biggest piece in there, and it was delicious! Then I drove home, and told Phillip what I did. Of course, he laughed at me like I'm insane. Maybe I kind of am.

I love Christmas time, but this year I'm kind of feeling like, enough already. Let's get this over with and move on. Yikes, I sound like Scrooge. However, I am looking forward to the excited looks on the kids' faces and spending time with family. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

Not sure if I'll write again before Christmas, so I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas! May God bless you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment