“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Pregnancy Grumblings

"If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all." That is the motto I was raised to adhere to and also explains why I haven't blogged lately.

It took about a week for the shock to wear off about our pregnancy news. During that time I had slight moments of nausea. Let me just tell you, they have gone from slight to severe and almost constant. Last Sunday morning was the first day I woke up feeling really yucky, and as I rolled over to sit up, I was like, "Yep. This is it. This is what I remember feeling and why I vowed to never have another baby." It seems like each day the nausea is getting stronger, and it seems to be most severe at night, which means I get very little sleep. It also means that I have a bag of chips and glass of lemonade on my table by my bed for a middle-of-the night snack to attempt to relieve the nausea. I have gained ten pounds already from sick-eating, because unfortunately, eating is the only thing I have found to take the edge off. I eat when I don't feel hungry and food doesn't even sound good. I don't remember it being this bad with my last two, definitely not Avery.

Another thing is that my life cannot revolve around this pregnancy. I now have two little boys that require lots of attention, so even though I don't feel like it, in a few minutes they'll be up needing breakfast, changed, and gotten off to preschool. I'd rather just lay on the couch under a warm blanket, but that just isn't an option. Phillip has been sympathetic, but he works third shift and sleeps through the day, so there's only so much he can do. I'm already becoming more of a homebody than ever. The last two nights Phillip has taken Bryson and gone out to a viewing, a church-working, and a graduation party, and I have stayed home on the couch. Somehow I must muster up the energy to finish my Christmas shopping. This is a bad time of year to feel terrible. I need to clean my house for company, go grocery shopping for baking, actually do some baking, wrap presents, attend school programs, and the list continues. We also need to take a trip to KY for a family Christmas, and the mere thought of getting into a vehicle and riding that long makes my stomach heave.

I'm having my first ultrasound tomorrow, and then am scheduled for another one in January to measure the neck and check for abnormalities like Avery. I'll feel SO much better when I'm told everything looks normal. That should also be around the time when the nausea is starting to ease some. So, I just must keep my thoughts focused on the future and getting through this rough patch.

I guess I've done enough complaining for one post. I will try not to make it a habit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment