“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Happenings

Today was a busy Monday, filled with many of the usual activities: labs and therapy for Avery and grocery shopping and work for me. Some UNusual events were on Phillip and Bryson's agendas.

Phillip started his new shift at work today, which is actually just working double shifts on Fridays and Saturdays. This gives him Sunday through Thursday off! Today was one of those crazy days where we barely saw each other, but I'm looking forward to having him home more. Some women love it when their husbands are gone, but I'm quite the opposite. I like having him close. In fact, maybe a little too close. I'm sure he'll find a new routine to keep him busy; otherwise, I may drive him crazy!

A big event for Bryson was his first parent-teacher conference at preschool. Phillip and I waited with sweaty palms and nerves on edge, wondering what in the world the preschool teachers would tell us about our little red-head. We know he's not perfect, but it was nice to hear that he is very polite! He's doing pretty well with colors, numbers, and recognizing his name. He is still working on learning to share (aren't we all?), but he's starting to socialize more with his classmates. They claim he's a pleasure to have in class, and they love his "orange hair" as he so clearly tells anyone who dares mis-state his hair color.

We also put our house up for sale over the weekend. With the housing market being so crummy, I'm not holding my breath for a quick sale! We're hoping we can get some of the equity we have in our house and buy something we can make more accomodating for Avery. Right now, he's pretty much confined to my kitchen and dining room areas when he's in his walker. We're going to put wood flooring in our next house so that Avery is free to explore. Of course, I'm not looking forward to moving, but it will be for the good. Until then, I am going to keep myself pretty stressed out about keeping my house clean and "showable." It's amazing how as I clean one room, the other rooms I just finished are getting cluttered again. I guess that's life with toddlers! So that's our news for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment