“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rainy Day Ramblings

This week has really flown. Besides today, the weather has been AMAZING! Bryson has enjoyed playing outside, and Avery tried out the new baby swing we added for him. He loved it! It was so nice having Phillip home all week, although it felt a little strange. I had a lot of flashbacks to when he was laid off; I just had to remind myself that he's still getting a paycheck! We got quite a few odd jobs completed around the house; when I say "we" I really mean "he," but I like to think I played a part as well. It will take a little while to adjust to the new work schedule, but I think we're really going to like it. Of course, he's at work right now working his second double shift in a row. But he's a tough guy, and he'll somehow handle it just fine; that's one of the many things I love about him.

In an effort to keep the house quiet so Phillip could get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep, the boys and I went to the mall. I know, it sounds like I was just wanting an excuse. It was pouring the rain, and getting little ones in and out of places is a chore in good weather. Needless to say, we were soaked. Bryson played some of his rainy day energy out in the play area, and Avery and I watched. Avery just smiled and clapped as the kids ran past him. I couldn't help but wonder if and when Avery will get to be a participater, and not just a spectator, but I try not to keep those thoughts too long. I try to just live in the present and take life as it comes! I spent way too much money at The Children's Place, which reminded me of why I stay away from the mall. Bryson was picking, so we had to eat at Taco Bell in the food court. We got home just in time to spend a few minutes with Phillip and send him back to work.

I need to go to the grocery, but the thought of taking the kiddos back out into the yucky weather is just too much. I think we'll just stay home, take our baths, get into our pajamas early, and play until bedtime!

Here's a video from earlier in the week of the boys. Bryson is singing a song he calls "The Johnny Appleseed Prayer" that he and his classmates sing before snacks at preschool. Avery really enjoyed it!


1 comment:

  1. Love the video!! Sounded like Avery was trying to sing along there at one part! Love to see him clapping his little hands.
    May God richly bless you.
    Janet Oliver
    (I go to Bro. McDonald's church)

    ReplyDelete