“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Friday, March 19, 2010

Remembering God's Promises

The other day while I was in my car, I was listening to a radio program. I don't know who the speaker was, but she was talking about the sovereignty of God, and it really spoke to me, so I'm going to share. She said that if God is not sovereign, then He's not God. Therefore, if we say we believe in God, everything we encounter is part of a wise plan that we may not see or understand. It's easy to say we believe in God, but when bad things happen, sometimes we find ourselves thinking we are just a victim of chance or coincidence. Of course, these words were nothing new, but the way she spoke and with circumstances in my life, it has had me reflecting on my beliefs and my attitude.

To say I trust God doesn't only mean that I trust Him to answer my prayers. It also means that when He doesn't answer the way I want Him to so badly, that I STILL trust Him.

I have to say that it's easy to get sidetracked with why-me's and what-if's. It's easy to get discouraged when it seems that prayers go unanswered. It's REALLY easy to become overwhelmed with worry and grief. It's easy to feel like a tiny speck of sand that is so tiny and insignificant. But sometimes I just have to readjust my perspective and remind myself of God's promises.
~God will work all things for my good.
~God will never leave me or forsake me.
~God values me (and my family) more than the sparrows.
~God understands my burden and will not put on me more than I can bear.
~God and the Spirit He has placed within me is greater than anything in the world.

Lately I have found comfort in the remembrance that God is sovereign, that He saw my circumstance coming before I did, and that somehow He will bring something good from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment