“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hibernation?? Yes, Please!

Today I'm sitting here curled up under a blanket on my couch wishing that I could somehow hibernate until about March. Just imagine, I could wake up feeling refreshed from an incredible sleep greeted by rising temps and approaching spring. I wonder why God didn't give humans the ability to hibernate?? An added bonus for me would be waking up hopefully nausea free. Now that really would be something!!

I've been griping some to Phillip lately about how difficult this winter has been on me. While I much prefer warm weather, I always try to embrace the seasons with optimism. If I'm going to live in Ohio where we have the extremes of weather, I figure I might as well find the good in it. So, I've usually been able to enjoy winter by romanticizing the beautiful snow, the relaxation of being snowed in with people I love, the soup cooking on the stove, and the fire in the fireplace (although it is electric). I'm having difficulty shaking my pessimism recently as I only feel the chill clear to my bones, the hazards of walking and carrying little ones on snow and ice, the long, dark evenings when my husband is at work and kids are stir crazy, and the ridiculously high electric bills caused in part by my lovely fireplace.

Like right now, it's time for me to get up and get myself and my little rascals ready for Sunday evening service at church. I've got to admit that getting up and getting ready seems about as difficult as me climbing Mt. Everest, especially since Phillip is at work, so I am once again going to brave this nasty cold with two kids solo. Heaven help me when baby number three arrives! I truly may just stay home until he/she is walking and potty trained.

But somehow I'm going to muster every ounce of waning energy I possess and get up and go. Because I know it's the right thing to do. Because I'm a STRONG woman (at least that's what I'm telling myself). Because I have two precious boys that need me to. Because that's what my mom would do. So I must end this post to get on with things since I'm only prolonging the inevitable.

Until next time, dear friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment