“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Friday, January 28, 2011

A Much Needed Break

Yesterday afternoon the boys and I got home from spending a few days in Pigeon Forge with my parents. Dad and Mom were planning to go and they had an extra bedroom at the resort where they were staying, so I thought, "Why not?" We attended services at the minister's meeting while we were there and heard some inspiring messages. I really wish Phillip could have gone; he would have loved it! But, someone has to bring home the bacon, and thankfully, it's him.

Mom and I did some shopping. Although it was mostly browsing and not buying,we still had fun. We also ate way too much and just relaxed when we could. Bryson thought the big jacuzzi tub was as fun as a swimming pool, so he spent a lot of his time in there. All in all, it was a much needed change of scenery. If you've read any of my blogs recently, then you have probably gathered that this winter has been a difficult one for me. It's nice to know there's only a few days left in January, and then February is a short month.

We're waiting, somewhat impatiently, on our hematologist to finalize his referral for Avery to Johns Hopkins. We are scheduled to see a neuro-geneticist out there on Feb. 7th, and we're hoping that the hematology department can see us as well that week. So, we may be on the road again soon, but not for leisure. Avery's hemoglobin and platelets have dropped, and we've had to go back up some on his steroids. He has been acting more tired than usual, and he has bruises everywhere. I'm really hoping that someone at JH will be able to give us some advice on the best plan of treatment for him.

As I write, I'm washing the mountain of laundry that I returned home with. Today, Bryson goes back to school, and we'll get back into our routine. I only wish I could take another trip somewhere else and return in March. If our trip to JH gets put off, I may just head south to Alabama for a week or two.

I guess that's all for this boring post. I better get on with my housework!

Trying to stay warm...Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment