“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And a New Year is Here

Happy New Year!!

We're already a few days into 2011, which seems so strange to say. I didn't even bother making any resolutions. I have to say that I wasn't sad to see 2010 end. It was filled with a lot of heartache and stress. Of course, there were some great things too, but it seems like the negative overshadows the positive sometimes.

I wonder what 2011 will hold for us?? I know that God, in His wisdom, doesn't allow us foresight because it would be so overwhelming to know what was in store for us. If someone would have told me that Carolyn would die and Phillip would have a difficult job loss in 2010, I don't know if I would've wanted to crawl out of the bed in the morning. I'm praying for a good year, one of healing, recovery, security, and spiritual growth. What if this is the year that the Lord returns for us? Although I enjoy my life, there are times when I'm eager for that day to come.

Whatever comes, I pray that I will keep my trust in God! Trusting God in good times isn't so difficult, but when things don't go our way, trusting gets a little tougher. But in such an unstable world where we can't rely on the government, jobs, economy, even friends and family, I'm so thankful that we can always rely on God!

So, here I come, New Year! Here's to hoping for a great one!
~Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment