“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Sunday, April 25, 2010

And the Countdown is On!



It's Sunday morning, and ordinarily I would be in church right now. However, since Avery's most recent hospitalization, I thought it wise to keep him home. He is acting pretty much like his normal cheerful self, but the last thing he needs right now is to pick up a germ. So, we're enjoying a little peace and quiet.

Right now the biggest thing on my mind is our upcoming move. As I said before, we sold our house - in two weeks time - for pretty much full price, and in this economy, that's quite an accomplishment! Although we never dreamed we'd sell as quickly as we did, we knew God had to have been responsible. So, I've not really stressed too much over the situation. If you know me at all, that too is quite an accomplishment! Even when it looked like the right house just wasn't going to happen, I've been fairly calm and peaceful about the whole thing.

While we were at the hospital with Avery, Phillip was on the phone negotiating with the realtors about a house we made an offer on weeks ago and didn't seem to be working out. They finally reached a deal, which means I don't have to worry about being homeless this summer! Although, as is our style, the "new" house is actually very smelly and in need of complete remodeling. It will not be livable by the time we have to be out of our current house, so we're going to have to live elsewhere temporarily. Again, this should be sending me into panic mode, but I'm okay! I think we've been faced with so many major, stress-inducing problems over the last 2 years, that this inconvenience doesn't seem so major.

Of course, after moving into an efficiency apartment (or wherever we're going to end up) and living out of a suitcase for a while, I may start to lose my calmness.

So now my house is starting to look empty as I slowly box up things we're not using and take pictures off the wall. I'm also thinking about paint colors, kitchen cabinets, and decorating ideas. I'm counting down the days until the chaos will truly begin, and Phillip can start working his magic on our new house. Of course, I love to help, but for some reason, Phillip doesn't seem to find me as helpful as I think I am :-).

The countdown is on, and I'm enjoying our last few weeks in our house! Well folks, that pretty much sums up what's on my mind right now. Have a blessed Sunday!

Here's a picture of my men working on the lawn mower deck. Bryson LOVES to work, and Avery LOVES to watch them!

No comments:

Post a Comment