“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Saturday, April 10, 2010

This n' That

Well, I survived my birthday, and I don't feel any older than I did before. Most days I feel more like 50, so I guess age is just a meaningless number anyway :)!

Today was Phillip's second double shift in a row, so I've spent the day with my other two favorite guys. I guess you could call me a weekend widow. Since it has been such a beautiful day, we've spent a lot of time outdoors. I sat on the deck and watched Bryson play in the back yard for a while. He wanted to walk to the park, so I told him we'd go later after his and Avery's naps. Wouldn't you know, the first words out of his mouth when he woke up from his nap was, "Mommy, I'm ready for that walk now." Hmmm...he can't seem to remember when I tell him to pick up his toys, but he sure remembers what he wants to!

Bryson says some of the most interesting and funny things. I love the way his mind works, and he keeps me laughing. Of course, his mouth is also starting to get him in trouble. It's amazing how he doesn't always get the words right, but his tone lets me know what he means, so I'm trying to nip that in the bud! Today he told me I was the best mom he had ever seen. He also told me I was "purty." He sure is good for my self-esteem. I always think that I need to write it down so I'll be sure and remember it when he says something quirky, but I usually get distracted and forget to do it! Last night, Bryson said, "I'm not scared in my bed anymore." Phillip and I were like,"Really? That's good." He said, "Yes because God helped me not to be scared and God has all the power."

The last couple of days I've been making plans for Avery's second birthday party. I really can't believe he's two already! I'm having a western themed party, since he's not really into anything special and I found some cute western decorations. Hoping for nice weather, since the kids will have a better time if they can play outside. I'll update with details later.

I've been typing in between feeding Avery spoonfuls of mac n cheese, and he's growing impatient with me. So I better get off here.

No comments:

Post a Comment