“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Friday, April 16, 2010

Chuck E Cheese, the Ice Cream Truck - You Get the Picture?

Chuck E Cheese's - need I say more? My husband actually beat me up this morning, which is rare. When I got up about an hour after him, he had Chuck E Cheese coupons in his hands. He wanted to take Bryson, since Bryson suggests quite often that we should go. So, we made his day! I'm not sure who enjoyed himself more, Bryson or Phillip. They played almost every game in the building. I've got to admit that I played a couple rounds of ski ball and Deal or No Deal. Something about that place just brings out the kid in you!

The last few days have been pretty relaxing - the calm before the storm, I guess. Phillip, Avery, and I even went to Red Lobster for lunch while Bryson was in preschool this week. Eating anywhere that doesn't have a drive-thru or sell happy meals is a rare thing for us! We close on our house in a couple of weeks and are waiting to hear about an offer we made on another. As soon as we know we have a place to live, the craziness will begin.

Speaking of crazy, yesterday I borrowed Bryson's little keyboard to find a key for a song I'm supposed to sing at a wedding. Avery was in his high chair, and I was sitting at the table. Bryson heard me playing his piano, and he, fresh from the tub, jumps on top of the table with one of Phillip's screwdrivers as a microphone. He started doing back up for me. There we were, me trying to play this tiny piano and singing a love song, Bryson naked singing made up repeats, and Avery clapping and laughing. It was a hilarious sight and probably would've won us first prize at America's Funniest Home Videos.

By the way, I'm developing a love-hate relationship with the ice cream truck. Bryson LOVES the ice cream truck. The funny thing is that there are actually two that frequent our neighborhood, but he only likes one of them. He will sit on the front steps waiting for hours if we let him, and it doesn't matter what he's doing when he hears the faint sounds of the music, he starts asking for money and running for the door. Unfortunately, the truck often comes during naptime, and Bryson seems to have these super sensitive ears that hear the music even in his sleep. Needless to say, he's had a hard time with naps lately. And I might as well just say it: my husband is a pushover! He has a hard time denying his boys. The other day, Bryson actually slept through the sound of the truck, but Phillip got up, put his shoes on, and walked down the street to get his boy an ice cream for when he did wake up. As much as I caution Phillip about spoiling Bryson, his thoughtfulness toward his family is one of the many things I love about him.

As you can tell, our life pretty much revolves around our kids, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Sure, I miss some parts of my "pre-kids" life, but I wouldn't trade my life now for anything. We're just enjoying our life, taking it one day at a time, and I have a feeling that Chuck E Cheese's and the ice cream truck are going to be part of it for a long while. I might as well just get used to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment