“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” ~Willa Cather

Monday, April 12, 2010

Party Time!

Tonight my feet are aching and I'm too tired to finish cleaning up the messes leftover from Avery's birthday party. There was a great turn out, and he got lots of gifts. The kids played outside most of the evening with only a few small altercations that just might have involved a certain red-head who didn't get a nap. All they little ones earned gold medals playing pin the tail on the donkey and ate more sugar than is healthy. But what is important is that Avery's party was a hit!






I'm so thankful for the two years Avery has been in our lives. Undoubtedly, they have been the most difficult years Phillip and I have ever lived through, but Avery has brought such joy! During my pregnancy, we weren't even sure he would survive birth. Then on April 14, 2008, our little 2 lb 8 oz bundle entered the world, and we had no idea what a fighter he would be. Through every difficult episode and disappointing diagnosis, Avery has fought to survive in his own quiet way. He has done so with a smile on his face most of the time. Phillip and I have learned so much about life, perspective, and about trusting God through our little miracle-in-progress, Avery.



It's getting late, and I've got to get my boys in bed. I'm sure we'll all sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment